Monday, September 15, 2008

Now Accepting New Students


Katie Millar Wirig is now accepting new students starting in September 2008. Don't miss this great opportunity to study with a former Miss Utah and Miss America contestant. Limited slots available!

Pricing
30 minute lesson (starter)- $75.00 a month
45 minute lesson (intermediate)- $90.00 a month

Description
The Suzuki violin method will be used to acquire the basic skills needed to master the violin. Once a certain point has been reached more classics will be added to the students portfolio. I believe that music is more than simply notes on a page so we will also study music theory, technique and performance showmanship. To showcase the students hard work there will be a recital semi-annually. Lessons will be held in Highland, UT. Students individual progress will be posted on this website to keep friends and family updated on all their hard work and accomplishments.

A Little About Me
I have studied the violin for over 12 years as a principal student to April Moriarty (3 Albums Covenant Communications- Deseret Book, Pearl Award recipient). I was honored to be Miss Utah 2006-2007 where I played the violin for the talent portion. I was awarded the high overall score in the talent competition at Miss Utah 2006. I was also chosen to be in the top 10 at Miss America 2007. I have performed across the United States and been a guest performer with prestigious orchestra's such as the Utah National Guard 23rd Army Band . I have taught violin for 6 years and find immense joy and satisfaction in helping others to appreciate the power of music. A little bit about me personally, I married my childhood sweetheart in July 2007 and on September 4th welcomed our little baby girl Emma Lin into the world. I have a strong belief that music can heal, inspire and express some of the most beautiful feelings and emotions! That is something that I love to share with the students who I have the privilege of teaching.

No comments: